Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#8971 - 01/04/07 04:26 AM Re: Disgusted With My Local Music Store
eaHarris Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Hicksville, OH
My local (40 minutes away) music store is very decent. They always have the most popular method books in stock and a wide variety of supplemental. And they host free workshops for teachers -- last summer they hosted workshops by Jane Bastien and Wynn-Anne Rossi. However, they discontinued their teacher discount program several years back, and with the size of my studio, I spend about a thousand dollars in music books per year! Also, they do not have a good selection of advanced repertoire.

Lately I have been thinking of doing the bulk of my music shopping over the internet, looking for where I could find a good selection and a discount for teachers. Can any of you recommend good sites for buying music on-line?

#8972 - 01/04/07 05:15 AM Re: Disgusted With My Local Music Store
CarrieinCT Offline
Contributing Member

Loc: Newington, CT
JW Pepper doesn't have the discount that FJH has, but they do have free shipping and they are easy to use. I wish that we could order from FJH online.

#8973 - 01/04/07 05:35 AM Re: Disgusted With My Local Music Store
Q88keys Offline
Star Member

Loc: Minnesota
 Quote:
Originally posted by CarrieinCT:
JW Pepper doesn't have the discount that FJH has, but they do have free shipping and they are easy to use. I wish that we could order from FJH online.
You can email your order to FJH. I've done it many times. They will bill you for the amount of your order. Go to the website and I think it's a customer service email that you order through. I always put in my subject line that I'm ordering as a New Release Club Member. OR, I think they have a toll free number you can call.

#8974 - 01/04/07 06:03 AM Re: Disgusted With My Local Music Store
pianoannie Offline
Mainstay Member

Loc: midwest USA
 Quote:
Originally posted by CarrieinCT:
You have to be careful if you want the free shipping. There are 2 different web addresses that take you to their site, but only one of them gives you free shipping (I speak from experience!)
www.jwpepper.com does NOT give you free shipping.
www.pianoatpepper.com DOES give you free shipping.

It doesn't make sense to me, but when shipping charges showed up on my last order, I called to find out why, and she said I entered the site through the "wrong" address, even though it is all the same company, and the online orders from both websites go to the same place.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Jon 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics