Topic Options
#60713 - 09/13/12 02:14 PM WunderKeys for Preschoolers - Share Your Ideas!
Nicki Offline

Loc: Alberta
Patterning Extension Activity:

I have the kids "compose" with the finger friends patterning magnet cards and then take it from the white board to the piano where they play the songs they created. I give the kids finger friends gloves to wear so the they can "read" and "play" their songs confidently. If ok with the parents, I record their songs so they can listen to them again. Sometimes, I write then down (using finger friend notation from the duets) so they can put on a mini recital for their family. I start with 1 finger and set up a "rhythm" like 2 pictures-space-3 pictures, etc. and increase the number of friends and patterns as we move along.

littlefingerspianoschool.com

#61078 - 10/10/12 03:00 PM Re: WunderKeys for Preschoolers - Share Your Ideas! [Re: Nicki]
tdow Offline
Resident Member

Hi Nicki - I love the composing take you've chosen to add to the program! Giving kids creative license from the very beginning is so important. It's also a great way to reinforce the patterning and one-to-one correspondence they are learning in the books. If it would be easier for you, I can send you a file of the finger friend characters that is set up to print on small labels (from Staples etc.) so you can make Finger Friend stickers - might make "notating" it faster for you if they are in sticker form.

#61082 - 10/10/12 07:46 PM Re: WunderKeys for Preschoolers - Share Your Ideas! [Re: tdow]
Nicki Offline

Loc: Alberta
Would love to print out stickers!

PS...would love to find a forum about WunderKeys idea sharing. Food for thought for you both!

littlefingerspianoschool.com

#61095 - 10/11/12 02:26 PM Re: WunderKeys for Preschoolers - Share Your Ideas! [Re: Nicki]
nikkid Offline
Contributing Member

Loc: Illinois
Would love these stickers too!! I'm starting to teach this tomorrow and this would be helpful since I'm not going to be able to buy the puppets yet and I'm thinking we can put the stickers on fingers maybe?
Thank you!
Nikki Douglas
nicolebdouglas at gmail dot com

#61099 - 10/11/12 04:03 PM Re: WunderKeys for Preschoolers - Share Your Ideas! [Re: nikkid]
tdow Offline
Resident Member

Hi Nicki - I'll send them to you right now. Yes, stickers on fingers would work smile We're actually working on printable finger puppets too so that you can do some of the warm ups this way and extend some of the lesson activities using them. Keep your eye out for future emails as we start to add more supplementary resources to the site.

We're working on a WunderKeys forum - Kristen emailed me about that too thanks for the suggestion.

#61796 - 01/08/13 03:11 PM Re: WunderKeys for Preschoolers - Share Your Ideas! [Re: tdow]
Jennifer Online   content
Star Member

Loc: AZ
Andrea, you can start a Facebook group really easy... wink I would love to see a FB group or forum. A facebook group would be my preference just because I would get updates automatically.

BTW- can you email me stickers too. wink

#61797 - 01/08/13 03:25 PM Re: WunderKeys for Preschoolers - Share Your Ideas! [Re: Jennifer]
tdow Offline
Resident Member

Hi Jennifer! Yes, we are definitely considering a WunderKeys Facebook page. I can certainly send you the stickers. Actually I think I will make that part of the next freebie email we send out next week (but I'll send you yours sooner than that). Are you on our email list to get the free supplementary materials?

#61799 - 01/08/13 04:49 PM Re: WunderKeys for Preschoolers - Share Your Ideas! [Re: tdow]
Jennifer Online   content
Star Member

Loc: AZ
I'm not sure if I'm on the email list. I'm guessing? Last one I remember is a duet part for Christmas time. It's fine to wait. Thanks!

#65492 - 12/29/14 01:26 AM Re: WunderKeys for Preschoolers - Share Your Ideas! [Re: Nicki]
AmyEliz Offline
Resident Member

Hello,

I've been spending a lot of time at the Wunderkeys website tonight, and have ordered the three method books. I have some learning and polishing to do with the materials before I'll put myself out there as a teacher, but I WILL do it! Umm.... I know I'm writing this almost two years after the last reply... (!)...

but I'd love to have that label file, so I could make stickers, too!

Edited by AmyEliz (12/29/14 01:29 AM)
Edit Reason: clarification

Moderator:  Jon, Lisa K. Studtmann 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums