Topic Options
#65077 - 06/07/14 02:13 PM Colour by note pictures
Joyful Offline
Mainstay Member

Loc: Southern Ontario, Canada
I am looking for some pictures online, where the student will colour in the picture, according to what note is inside the design. Like a paint-by-number, but colour by note smile

I have found a few and could use more, many thanks!

#65078 - 06/09/14 08:39 AM Re: Colour by note pictures [Re: Joyful]
Leigh Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Michigan
I make my own. I just print out a blank coloring picture - easy to find online. Then I draw in symbols, notes or whatever in each little section, and make a key: quarter note = blue, treble clef = green. Or the note names in the sections, and the key shows the notes on the staff. You can tailor it to whatever level you need.

These are always a big hit, even with kids you'd think are "beyond" coloring. (Heck I still like to color, shhh..)

#65080 - 06/09/14 12:05 PM Re: Colour by note pictures [Re: Leigh]
Nyke Offline

Wow that's a great idea Leigh, I usually purchase them at the music store however the pictures are very easy to figure out what it is before coloring! I may try your idea so that they can have more interesting pictures!!!
Twitter Follow: @MusicSchoolTips

#65081 - 06/09/14 01:25 PM Re: Colour by note pictures [Re: Nyke]
Joyful Offline
Mainstay Member

Thank you both! Leigh could you suggest some websites for the colouring pictures? I don't want them too easy as Nyke has found, but still want them for the younger ages. Many thanks!

#65085 - 06/09/14 05:35 PM Re: Colour by note pictures [Re: Joyful]
Leigh Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Michigan
I'm not talking about hidden pictures, but just coloring each section of the image in the specified color. It works best with birds, fish, etc, that they can't guess what the colors should be. I also use a Thanksgiving turkey, with big individual tail feathers. You could also do "wacky" pictures, and make the sky be red or a cow green!

http://www.hellokids.com/r_23/coloring-pages/animal-coloring-pages

Just google "coloring pages" or something similar and you will find lots of printables. You have to search through to find good ones, with distinct sections.

#65088 - 06/09/14 09:50 PM Re: Colour by note pictures [Re: Leigh]
Joyful Offline
Mainstay Member

I have made my own! Thanks to your suggestions and a few FB forums I found generic pictures and added my own notes, etc.

Moderator:  Jon, Lisa K. Studtmann 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics
62996 Posts