Topic Options
#60045 - 07/13/12 01:58 PM Crayola's Dry Erase Activity Center
musicat Offline
Resident Member

Loc: San Antonio, Texas
Yesterday, I discovered something new from Crayola's line of Dry Erase activities: The Dry Erase Activity Center. Now...I've been doing this for years using plastic sheet protectors and a clipboard. I was impressed with the sturdiness and accessibility of the board and was ready to purchase as soon as I saw it.

How I plan to use it: Homework! A standard 8.5x11 piece of paper fits under the grid, so you can use it as a dry erase sheet in the studio. After guided practice, I can send home the paper worksheet for homework. Tons of activity sheets can be found on the Crayola website: http://www2.crayola.com/activitystudio/index.cfm. You can make your own there, too. But really, any standard sized printed sheet will work inside the holder, making this an excellent theory and practice tool. I'll bet many of our students will already have one of their own at home!

#60055 - 07/13/12 10:34 PM Re: Crayola's Dry Erase Activity Center [Re: musicat]
am&a Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
It looks very cool, but in reading the reviews at Toys R Us, it appears that the activity only works with the Crayola brand dry erase markers. Several people commented that when they used Expo dry erase markers (or other non-crayola markers), the marks did not erase, and they had to throw the unit away. (One user said she was able to scrub it clean with a heavy duty Magic Eraser) However, on second glance, those reviews were from 2008-09. The most recent reviews don't mention anything about other brands of dry erase markers.

I think I will try your suggestion about a sheet protector on a clip board!! :-) I like the idea of guiding them through the sheet & doing it together, then sliding the sheet out and having them take a fresh clean sheet home to do all by themselves. I think most of my sheet protectors are non-glare; does it work better with regular clear ones?

Moderator:  Jon, Lisa K. Studtmann 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics
62996 Posts