Topic Options
#40998 - 03/19/09 12:12 AM Attention Everyone!
Jason Moderator Offline
Star Member

Loc: Iowa City, IA
Hello all,

It's been a while since I exercised my Moderation Powers, but I wanted to take a moment to do a few things that are sorely overdue.

First, if you are new to the forums or are a long time lurker, I'd like to invite you to get involved and start posting! I've been on various internet forums for almost 15 years now, and I can safely say that New Posters are what keep forums alive.

I've also noticed over the years that it takes quite a bit of courage to overcome the inertia that prevents new people from posting. Internet forums (this one included) tend to be like Sports Bars. A relatively small number of "regulars" provide the customer base it takes to keep the seats full and the drinks flowing, but at the same time, it can create an atmosphere where new people are hesitant to come in and join the crowd.

So, this is a twofold invitation:

1) New People: Get involved! Post something, answer a question, or just reply to this topic to introduce yourself and say hello!

2) "Regulars": Give people a chance! Whether they're asking a question that's been answered 1000000 times or wanting to discuss Non-Faber materials, treat each post like it's the first of it's kind you've ever seen. Every topic under the sun deserves to be re-examined from time to time, and good hand position is good hand position, whether you're using Piano Adventures, Bastien Piano Basics, Music for Little Mozarts, Piano Town, John Thompson, or Ferdinand Beyer.

So there you go - no more excuses! Introduce yourself and join the discussions here at the Piano Club!

Best,

Jason
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com

#50769 - 11/18/10 06:03 PM Re: Attention Everyone! [Re: Jason]
am&a Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
I am replying to this old post just because Jason's points are still relevant all these months later, and I'm sure there are others like me who read the "recent posts" before browsing through threads to see the older stuff.

I joined a few months ago, and I'm enjoying the forum very much so far.

Hello, my name is Amanda, and I'm an independent piano teacher in SW Georgia. I have 29 students taking weekly lessons, and 1 adult student who comes bi-weekly. I do accompanying for local schools, churches & performing groups, along with the occasional wedding or party, and I perform as a vocalist.

Aside from my music, I help care for my elderly parents-in-law, and my husband and I are waiting to adopt an infant. crazy

#50787 - 11/21/10 07:58 PM Re: Attention Everyone! [Re: am&a]
Stanny Offline
Mainstay Member

Glad to have you here, Amanda! I hope your new little bundle of joy arrives soon!

Independent Music Teacher
Certified Piano Teacher, American College of Musicians
MTNA Member
www.summitpiano.com

Moderator:  Jason, Jon, Randall Faber 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats