Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#26256 - 08/15/06 09:38 AM Randall Faber Workshop
xstitch4me Offline
Star Member

Loc: Idaho
I just returned from the Randall Faber Workshop here in Boise and can I just say....Fabulous, Fabulous, Fabulous. I had so much fun!!!! That is what piano teaching is supposed to be all about!!!

He introduced the Gold Star Performance Books levels Primer, Level 1, Level 2A and Level 2B. You must check them out and USE them!!

He discussed Technique and Artistry Book 3A compairing techiniques from the advanced student, to the beginner and in between.

He introduced "My First Piano Adventure" books - lesson Book A and the Writing Book A - both for pre-reading. They were unbelievably fun!!!! Using them with the cd's during a lesson will be too much fun and your students will love lessons! I was thinking these were for the pre-schoolers, but they are for the 5-6 year old. The pre-school books are still coming.

The ideas both Nancy and Randall have are quite impressive. They definitely have a way of teaching to a young child and making things that could be complicated very easy to understand and grasp. We sang along with Randall, tapped out rhythms and thoroughly enjoyed listening to him play.

We got a very nice workshop packet for only $40 bucks! What a bargain with everything it contained.

I'm so happy that they take the time to travel all over the place in order to share their talents and yes, personalities with us! If you ever have the opportunity to enjoy a Faber workshop.....DO IT!!!! Learn from the Master himself.

BTW....I thanked Randall for the great site here and he said he does peruse the forum now and then but hesitates to comment too often since some are intimidated and will often quit posting after him. Hmmmm, I suggested he create a "new" name and come in incognito. I was "shocked" when he even knew the term "Sock-Puppet". He is all-knowing......hahahaha. It was just the best time!!!

#26257 - 08/15/06 03:56 PM Re: Randall Faber Workshop
luvslive Offline
Resident Member

Loc: North Dakota
sounds exciting! i am going to see him in fargo on thursday. this "workshop packet", is it the books? do you have to buy the packet? $40 does sound like a bargain, but i was under the impression that the packet was free of charge. i am really looking forward to hearing randall for the first time and getting acquainted with the new books.

#26258 - 08/15/06 04:20 PM Re: Randall Faber Workshop
xstitch4me Offline
Star Member

Workshop packets are not free. But it was all 30% off. With everything inside, I felt it's worth it. My brochure said nothing about cost so I was expecting it to be free too. The workshop was so wonderful I didn't care about the cost. There were some neat door prizes too but unfortunately I didn't win one \:\(

I'm not actually sure who provides the packets. Does the store, based on what Randall wants? Or does Randall bring them? Hmmmm don't know. I'm guessing he brings them since he goes through everything in them.

Can't wait to hear your response to the workshop. I'm sure you'll love it!

#26259 - 08/15/06 04:46 PM Re: Randall Faber Workshop
Lisa Kalmar Offline
Star Member

Loc: KC
Wow, the store mine was held at (Helen Marlais, not Randy, daggone it) gave only a respectable 20% discount. 30% is incredible, especially for the books that were covered!

Sigh, I am soooooo jealous of you, even though I was one of the door prize winners in Wichita, wink. \:D

#26260 - 08/15/06 05:57 PM Re: Randall Faber Workshop
xstitch4me Offline
Star Member

Well.......you may have won the door prize but I had a couple of very nice conversations with Randall. He is really great and soo friendly. I want to work for him \:D

It did leave me feeling that I want to do more with teaching.....it was all so fresh. Maybe tomorrow I'll be back to normal. Either I really had a good time or my life is just so boring that I can't get over it!

#26261 - 08/16/06 02:28 AM Re: Randall Faber Workshop
Susan Offline
Star Member

Loc: Texas
I was so lucky to hear a piano recital by Randall this summer. It was wonderful. It made all the PA Technique books come to life, because I can see what he is going for in the long term.
He and Nancy presented a workshop the next day and answered a lot of questions. They are the nicest people!
I had my picture taken with them and my students get a big kick out of that!!

#26262 - 08/17/06 11:36 AM Re: Randall Faber Workshop
luvslive Offline
Resident Member

Loc: North Dakota
Just returned from attending the workshop, and I truly enjoyed it as well. It was great to hear him talk in person and even share some of his personal story (family stuff). I bought the packet as well and look forward to using everything.
We met in a meeting room at a hotel, and one funny thing was that a man who appeared to be hotel staff walked in, right down the middle of the room to put in a thermostat and Randall asked if he'd like to do "rainbows" with us. \:\)

#26263 - 08/18/06 04:33 AM Re: Randall Faber Workshop
Rhondo Offline
Resident Member

Loc: GA
I saw Randall Faber at a WPPC a few years ago. He was truly inspiring. His analysis of what motivates different age levels was very helpful as well as the presentation of Tech & Artistry. Lots of freebies and discounts given at that conference too!

#26264 - 08/18/06 06:11 AM Re: Randall Faber Workshop
John Offline
Star Member

Loc: Bellingham, WA
I get to see him on August 29th. He's always been a special pianist to me, since his recital at U of MI (while he was a student) was my very FIRST classical piano recital EVER! I still remember Debussy's L'Isle Joyeuse.

Rhondo, if you were at WPPC in 2002 (Vegas) or 2003 (Nashville), we may have been sitting next to each other!

#26265 - 08/18/06 02:47 PM Re: Randall Faber Workshop
Rhondo Offline
Resident Member

Loc: GA
John, I was at the WPPC in Nashville. Did you attend Randall's workshop on student motivation? The entire weekend was FABULOUS!! Is anyone planning on going to the WPPC this year in Atlanta?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Archivist 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics