Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#26205 - 02/15/05 05:52 PM Re: Faber Accelerated 1
Lisa Kalmar Offline
Star Member

Loc: KC
Gail, go to www.wendyspianostudio.com and check out her rhythm worksheets for the Kansas Music Progressions. There's a level one on there that might be helpful.

#26206 - 02/16/05 11:33 AM Re: Faber Accelerated 1
Elbe Offline
Resident Member

Loc: The Great Northwest
Sometimes, when I'm teaching a rhythm challenged student, as I have them clap, I notice that they are trying to "outsmart" the metronome. At that point the clapping does no good because they aren't truly listening to the beat, they are simply guessing and the clapping is loud and interferes with listening. A quieter approach may help such as drawing two quarter size dots about 4" apart on a sheet of paper. First, have the student just listen to the beat. Then have him point to each dot back and forth as the metronome ticks away. Once he has the rhythm down he can tap his whole hand on each dot. After that, hopefully he will be able to clap with it. For eighth notes, draw a dime size dot half way between the two dots and proceed the same way keeping the metronome at the same setting.

#26207 - 02/16/05 02:58 PM Re: Faber Accelerated 1
pianoannie Offline
Mainstay Member

Loc: midwest USA
 Quote:
Originally posted by elbe:
A quieter approach may help such as drawing two quarter size dots about 4" apart on a sheet of paper. First, have the student just listen to the beat. Then have him point to each dot back and forth as the metronome ticks away. Once he has the rhythm down he can tap his whole hand on each dot. After that, hopefully he will be able to clap with it. For eighth notes, draw a dime size dot half way between the two dots and proceed the same way keeping the metronome at the same setting.
Ooh, I like the "quiet approach." For the dime size dot, is it just one of these, between the 2 larger dots, to represent the eighth notes? So his tapping would be like left middle right middle etc?

#26208 - 02/17/05 03:19 PM Re: Faber Accelerated 1
Elbe Offline
Resident Member

Loc: The Great Northwest
Yes, That's the idea. After awhile you can alternate between the two rhythms by saying "quarter" or "eighth".

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Archivist 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics