Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#26137 - 08/27/04 11:07 AM Re: Randall Faber Workshop Notes
Ginger Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Indianapolis, Indiana
Wow this is great! My printer is exhausted, but it's worth it. I think that I knew a lot of this stuff about working with different ages...but I just need it all written down for it to click in my head. For Example. Yesterday I was teaching an adult who has been taking lessons since the beginning of the summer. We went through one song that I had assigned her. I then decided to move onto the lesson for the day, which was....mmm, I really can't remember. Anyway, she interupted and asked me if I could teach her how to play "Happy Birthday" because her birthday was a couple of weeks ago. I proceded to teach her by rote...when I remembered that "Happy Birthday" was taught in the next unit! (She learns better by reading the notes, so I was very excited) However, I did have to teach her all about eighth notes. Lucky for me she caught on quickly. (I find that the adult PA book has soooooo much information that it's hard to keep up sometimes....especially with eager adults.) At the time I do remember thinking that it's really not that big of a deal to move ahead a little and learn something so wants to...especially when we'll be covering everything inbetween eventually.

So my point is, I knew this already, but when someone actually tells me about it, it clicks....and I'll have more chance of remembering it and using it on purpose!

Thanks so much! ;\)

#26138 - 08/29/04 08:27 PM Re: Randall Faber Workshop Notes
Christine/Pelirroja Offline
Resident Member

Loc: CA, USA
due to my arm problem, i can't type a lot, just wanted to say Thanks Lisa!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Archivist 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics