Topic Options
#25217 - 01/21/02 07:02 PM Showtime Books
bethann Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Nebraska
Hey everyone! I am having great luck using the Showtime Piano series with my Alfred transfers who struggle with position. I have kept these three students in Alfred, and now towards the end of Level 2 it starts moving out of position rather abruptly. It is really difficult for them, and although they know the notes on paper (or flashcards) they have difficulty playing them. SO - I got each a Showtime book (one hymn, one jazz, one popular.) These books move slowly out of position-playing, and are just a GREAT supplement for these students! Wanted to let you all know, in case anyone has a student in a similar situation.

#25218 - 01/23/02 12:16 PM Re: Showtime Books
Lisa Kalmar Offline
Star Member

Loc: KC
Bethann, I had similiar luck with an Alfred transfer a few years ago when I was still in Omaha. First I tried Music Tree, in an attempt to get her to figure out how to read, :rolleyes: which was a Total Snorefest for her, ;\) then I switched to the Showtime level. She made tremendous reading gains as well as technical (cuz she liked Faber so much we decided to go PA all the way.) I just love the T&A of that level as well!

Now, on to more important things! How are things progressing with you and the wee one? I know you would probably like to have the bowling ball down the pants effect out of your life, but remember my Valentine birthday is coming up and I think it would be neat if you could hold out til then!

[ January 23, 2002: Message edited by: Lisa Kalmar ]

#25219 - 01/23/02 12:23 PM Re: Showtime Books
Jalapeņo Offline
Star Member

I love the ShowTime books, too. Piano Kid really enjoyed playing out of those. She's now working out of the BigTime books. Her favorite piece at the moment is "Rock Around the Clock," which she's practicing in preparation for this year's talent show at school. \:\)

Moderator:  Archivist 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics
62996 Posts