Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#24894 - 07/25/01 05:53 PM Randall Faber was wonderful!
Janice Offline
Mainstay Member

Loc: Newalla, Oklahoma, USA
I wanted to let OKMusician post first but she must be busy. I just can't wait any longer. We had a great time together and Randall Faber is quite a guy! OK is as neat as she sounds. I hope she posts something and then I will tell more.

#24895 - 07/25/01 07:00 PM Re: Randall Faber was wonderful!
OKMusician Offline
Mainstay Member

Loc: Oklahoma
I had a wonderful time at the workshop this morning. Randall Faber is a great clinician and had a very interesting workshop. He is very approachable and friendly and has some delightful tales to tell about himself, Nancy, their students, how they met and got together. I intrduced myself when I first got there (I was early and he was still setting up) and he visited with me for a while. Then Janice arrived and we recognized each other right away. The two of us chatted with Randall and then the workshop began. He started off with Nancy's Egyptian Rhapsody and it sounds terrific when he plays it (I have a HS girl working on it, but she's not there yet). Then he went through Lesson, Technique & Artistry, and Pop Rep books rather quickly, but with great tips and stories. I got to play Over the Rainbow with him from Pop Rep Level 1. Whoa!

After the workshop, Janice and I ate at Olive Garden and visited for about an hour before she had to leave. I stopped on the way home and played with my grandkids so I just got home a bit ago. GREAT DAY!!!

#24896 - 07/25/01 08:18 PM Re: Randall Faber was wonderful!
Eric Offline
Star Member

Loc: New York, NY
I enjoyed seeing Randall Faber in Maine last summer. The quality of his that stays with me is the incredible resonance of his speaking voice. Since I'm a voice teacher, I was tempted to pull a Svengali, coax him away from piano-land to become an opera singer instead!

Anyone else notice this? Or is it just the voice teacher in me that delights when I hear someone focusing their tone in their mask???

#24897 - 07/25/01 08:32 PM Re: Randall Faber was wonderful!
OKMusician Offline
Mainstay Member

Eric, he mentioned that he had met you in Maine. He does have a pleasant speaking voice--just altogether a pleasure to be around!!

#24898 - 07/25/01 08:49 PM Re: Randall Faber was wonderful!
Rhapsody Offline
Star Member

I love a good speaking and singing voice and it is about the first thing I notice and certainly what I am most likely to remember. Does anybody knows if Randall sings or not? Now I at least have to have an audio recording of his voice? Did he mention a video being available soon? Did you remind him to post? Maybe I scared him off when I had my little tiff with JB in the Technology area -- but if Edwin is brave enough to post again, then Randall should have no problem. ;\) I promise I'll be good, really. \:D

Oops! How did that image get there, I meant to post a Joy123 angel image instead. \:D

#24899 - 07/25/01 09:00 PM Re: Randall Faber was wonderful!
OKMusician Offline
Mainstay Member

He said he'd been so busy traveling this summer he hadn't had time to check in much but he'd post when his schedule cleared up some. Janice gave him her card with her website on it so he could look at everyone's pictures. Janice remembered to bring her camera and we got a few pictures if they turn out.

#24900 - 07/26/01 08:32 AM Re: Randall Faber was wonderful!
Lilla Offline
Star Member

Loc: Chicago
Wait a minute! I thought the pictures were removed. I never saw them because my computer crashed. I wanna look. And I can't find the old thread - Janice are they still there? Please send me your website address (it was saved but my Favorites went away with my hard drive. Thanks, Lilla

P.S. Randall sounds great - I'll have to watch for him to come around here. Thanks.

#24901 - 07/26/01 08:41 AM Re: Randall Faber was wonderful!
Vivace' Offline
Star Member

Loc: USA

#24902 - 07/26/01 06:33 PM Re: Randall Faber was wonderful!
bethann Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Nebraska
Hey guys! I'm so excited to hear you enjoyed your seminar. I'm heading out tommorow morning to Lincoln to see Mr. Faber. I am so excited! I'm also excited because it's a day away in the big city without my two-year-old and they have music stores and teacher stores to shop at! I will report back!

#24903 - 07/26/01 06:39 PM Re: Randall Faber was wonderful!
Janice Offline
Mainstay Member

Loc: Newalla, Oklahoma, USA
Bethann, tell him hi again for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Archivist 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users