Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#22643 - 11/19/04 09:10 AM Re: speaking of humour...
Carole Offline
Star Member

Loc: southern California
Thanks for all these funnies! Made my day. \:\)

#22644 - 11/19/04 09:29 AM Re: speaking of humour...
xstitch4me Offline
Star Member

Loc: Idaho
Speaking of playing outdoors.....we poor piano players have to deal with so much crap that nobody else has an idea about...I volunteered to play for a middle school choir teacher (who could NOT play the piano at all - go figure teaching choir) anyway, one of the performances was outdoors at the community bandstand....they drug out the keyboard.....yes keyboard....with a tiny stool.....no music stand so I frantically ran around trying to find the director who really couldn't give a rat's you know what about my problem.....I found a music stand behind a tree for some other group, grabbed it and put it in front of the keyboard - which was a little too far away for my liking...anyway I did my best....well in the song "Feliz Navidad"....the director did NOT follow the music and while I was playing I noticed the group was nowhere near where I was with the music.....don't you just die????? I kept playing something...probably the same rhythm as the rest of the song and finally found where she had them....and finished the rest of the song. Well, to anyone in the audience who might have known music - I looked stupid even though it was her fault. I was ready to get out of there when we were done....and on my way out I ran into the director and she says "Be sure to be back in 15 minutes for the second half"....ugh...no communication whatsoever and it was all I could do to go back. Needless to say, that director was no longer at the school the next year...what a flake! Just a suggestion to any future choral teachers.....please play the piano! Doesn't it go hand in hand?????

#22645 - 12/01/04 08:37 PM Re: speaking of humour...
Syndi Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Louisville, Ky
I'll be honest. I hate keyboards!! I have never had a good experience with them. I wish that they would just sell them as "Toys" and then maybe people wouldn't continue to buy them! I played for a wedding for one of my students about two years ago. It was a beautiful service outside in front of a gazebo. The mother told me that an instument would be provided. It had 61 keys and in the middle of the vows, little lites started flashing in the keys! I've also had pretty much the same situation the past couple of years when I was asked to play at the local mall during the holidays for school childrens choir groups. I arrived only to find 61 keys, no pedal and no speakers. The kids said that as soon as they started singing they couldn't hear not one note that I played! Why was I even there?!? This year i bought my own traveling piano!! \:D I bought a Yamaha P60. It has a great piano sound, few voices, light weight enough that I can handle it, 88 weighted keys and I'm in heaven!!

#22646 - 12/01/04 08:45 PM Re: speaking of humour...
Christina Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Canada
hey syndi, you could have turned it into a fancy light show, you just needed a fog machine, and maybe some lasers...

#22647 - 12/02/04 11:54 AM Re: speaking of humour...
Amily Offline
Mainstay Member

me: what is the first degree of the scale called?
student: tonic.

me: what is the fifth degree of the scale called?
student: demonic.

#22648 - 12/02/04 12:39 PM Re: speaking of humour...
Jalapeņa Offline
Star Member

Loc: New Mexico
 Quote:
Originally posted by Amily:
me: what is the first degree of the scale called?
student: tonic.

me: what is the fifth degree of the scale called?
student: demonic.

ROFLMREO! \:D How did you manage to keep a straight face after hearing that answer?

#22649 - 12/02/04 09:10 PM Re: speaking of humour...
PFVTeach Offline
Resident Member

Loc: USA
Some of you know I teach flute as well as piano. One of my flute students, a 10 year old, recently began to learn to play octaves on her flute. After explaining how to do it properly and demonstrating for her I had her try it out. She did the low note and then the high note. Each time she did the higher note she stretched up on her toes and then back down for the low notes. I could'nt help but laugh. She stopped and asked what was so funny. I explained to her what she was doing and we had a good laugh together.

#22650 - 12/03/04 07:38 PM Re: speaking of humour...
Syndi Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Louisville, Ky
Christina, I was to busy trying to figure out how to stop the crazy thing to be that clever!! \:D

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Archivist 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics