Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#22353 - 08/22/04 09:12 AM Re: HOLIDAY & CHRISTMAS MUSIC
cindylouwho Offline
Contributing Member

Loc: Dover, PA
For Christmas gifts this year, I'm going to make little gift boxes. I'm going to print off some copies of Fur Elise and decopague it onto 3" round paper mache boxes. I'll finish the edge with black ribbon and a little bow on top. Then I'll fill it with Hershey Kisses. The boxes cost less than $1 each.
If you take the first printed page of music and trace out the box, then cut out the pattern. Then you can just copy the pieces to make doing several go faster.

#22354 - 08/22/04 09:26 AM Re: HOLIDAY & CHRISTMAS MUSIC
Dolce Offline
Mainstay Member

Loc: USA
For Christmas this year I will have a studio recital.

The recital fee that the parents pay will not only pay for recital expenses, but will pay for their child to receive a bust of the composer we will have been studying at group lessons this Fall. These will be handed out to students at the recital in the box they came in - unwrapped because everyone gets the same thing.

This has become a tradition in my studio, and it makes it very easy for me because I don't have to buy my students a present, their parents do. And they love their composer busts.

#22355 - 08/22/04 05:24 PM Re: HOLIDAY & CHRISTMAS MUSIC
Syndi Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Louisville, Ky
For as long as I can remember, I have done an ornament for my kids at Christmas time. The first couple of years I used the little ornament apples, one year I found some wonderful jingle bells and the last few years I have just used the plain colored glass ornaments. I take a paint pen and put each students name and the name of the piece that they played at the Christmas recital on their ornament. I also put the year on it. I just thought that it would give them a record of what they had played over the years and also give them a set of ornaments to take with them when they go out on their own!!!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Archivist 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics