Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#16627 - 06/29/02 10:07 AM another online game
JonathanE Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Pembine, WI, USA
I've just added an interval matching game using the flash plugin to my website. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Flash Intervals .

Jon

#16628 - 06/29/02 11:32 AM Re: another online game
Shirley Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Jon - I love it! Since I'm still in my first year of lessons (this time around), I'm a good one to try it on. I won't reveal my score , cause I'm too embarrased \:o But I prefer your game to another interval trainer that I have tried to use, because yours sounds more like a piano, and shows the notes on a keyboard. Delightful! May I use your "game"? Somewhere along the line of years, my ability to hear correct intervals has disappeared and I've got to get it back - this will be a wonderful help, and won't put my teacher in an early grave. Thanks!

Oh, one thing - I'm not really up on video games - do I have to start at level one and proceed through the levels by besting them, or can I enter on any level?

#16629 - 06/29/02 12:29 PM Re: another online game
dlinder Offline
Mainstay Member

Loc: Ohio
Jon, I really like it! I also tried the staff game again while I was there, and the improvements you made on it a while back seemed to do the trick! Any plans to add a combination treble/bass quiz?
Please keep us posted on your additions! I can't wait to have my students do the intervals this week!

#16630 - 06/29/02 03:36 PM Re: another online game
Shirley Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Jon - I think I'm getting better already! One thing, however; there seems to be no way that I can repeat the notes if I need to. The other "trainer" that I mentioned has this option, and of course our teacher will play an interval over for us. Or does this invalidate the purpose of the game? Just wondering!

#16631 - 06/29/02 04:21 PM Re: another online game
Jason Offline
Star Member

Loc: Iowa City, IA
That's fun! Best I can do is 301 so far. Level 7's tricky when you don't have perfect pitch. ;\)
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com

#16632 - 06/29/02 08:46 PM Re: another online game
JonathanE Offline
Resident Member

Thanks, everyone, for looking. Some aspects of the game are limited because of my limited experience creating such a thing. For example, I'm using a random generation of the test notes and would need to figure out a way to repeat them (may take me a while to figure that out). Also, I want to figure out a way to limit the intervals at level 3 to wider intervals (M6, M7, octave), and still keep the file at a reasonable size that won't take forever to load -still working on that.

#16633 - 06/29/02 08:49 PM Re: another online game
JonathanE Offline
Resident Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Shirley:
Oh, one thing - I'm not really up on video games - do I have to start at level one and proceed through the levels by besting them, or can I enter on any level?

That's something else I think I'll add - should not be too difficult (famous last words I told my wife before staying up all night working on the last one .... \:\)

#16634 - 06/30/02 10:35 PM Re: another online game
JonathanE Offline
Resident Member

I've now added a 3-note version of the same game; will let you know when the practice versions (ie, repeats, non-competitive) are ready.

#16635 - 07/01/02 07:27 AM Re: another online game
dlinder Offline
Mainstay Member

Loc: Ohio
Keep 'em coming!!! This is so much fun, maybe I'll just have my students do computer lab for their whole lessons this week!!!! \:D Actually I do have one student that I know has been out of town since his last lesson and hasn't been able to practice, so I probably will let him have more time on the computer! Fun, fun, fun!
As my 4 yr. old would say, "I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!!"
\:D

[ July 01, 2002: Message edited by: dlinder ]

#16636 - 07/30/02 08:45 PM Re: another online game
JonathanE Offline
Resident Member

If y'all haven't looked at these games lately, I've finally gotten the 2-note interval game to have a "choose-your-level" feature, and also a top-ten-scores capability. Scores can go much higher now for the more difficult levels. Thanks for taking a look!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Archivist 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics