Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#14947 - 12/17/00 08:06 PM Re: Links to Music Sites
Eric Offline
Star Member

Loc: New York, NY
Here's a site where you can download sheet music absolutely free. Of course, with Piano Club friends like Michele and Rhapsody, I'm hardly in need of lost treasures! Here's the site:
http://www.sheetmusicarchive.com/

I just downloaded a piece by Henselt....pretty cool.

#14948 - 12/18/00 08:45 AM Re: Links to Music Sites
Jalapeņo Offline
Star Member

Cool! Thanks, Eric!

My weekend didn't turn out like I planned. I was hoping to spend more time navigating the above-mentioned sites, but instead our household got hit hard by some awful virus. At 11PM Sat., we had to rush my 2-year-old daughter to the ER. She had a 105-degree temp. that wouldn't come down, & she was shaking uncontrollably. We didn't get back home until 3AM Sun. She couldn't keep anything down (not even the fever med.), so we had to stay there while they got her fever down, did a bunch of tests & pumped fluids back in her through an IV. Poor little thing!

Renelle, who's trying to catch up on her rest today, if that's possible. There's not a face on this site for someone who's worn out, is there?

#14949 - 12/18/00 06:54 PM Re: Links to Music Sites
Rhapsody Offline
Star Member

Jalapeno,

I would recommend extra Vitamin C along with lots of liquid and lots of extra quiet, gentle attention for your ailing daughter. Sometimes a reassuring stroke of the hair or a delicate caress or soft word can help aid healing. When you're sick your body is already stressed, so anything soothing helps. I hope she bounces back quickly.

There are various websites which offer downloads of demos, shareware and freeware of music applications. The following page has "Music Tuition" programs: http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/MUSIC_TUITION/ while their homepage has various other types of music software such as Ear Training, Notation, etc.: http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/

Another music software site is: http://harmony-central.com/Software/Windows/
Many of the same titles appear on both sites but each has unique listings as well.

#14950 - 12/19/00 05:49 PM Re: Links to Music Sites
Jalapeņo Offline
Star Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhapsody:
Jalapeno,

I would recommend extra Vitamin C along with lots of liquid and lots of extra quiet, gentle attention for your ailing daughter. Sometimes a reassuring stroke of the hair or a delicate caress or soft word can help aid healing. When you're sick your body is already stressed, so anything soothing helps. I hope she bounces back quickly.

There are various websites which offer downloads of demos, shareware and freeware of music applications. The following page has "Music Tuition" programs: http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/MUSIC_TUITION/ while their homepage has various other types of music software such as Ear Training, Notation, etc.: http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/

Another music software site is: http://harmony-central.com/Software/Windows/
Many of the same titles appear on both sites but each has unique listings as well.

Thanks, Rhapsody. I took all 3 kids to the doctor this AM. My 2-year-old is doing much better today (dr. said there's a virus going around that is causing high fevers; I think they like saying "virus" whenever they really don't know what it is, hee-hee), but now my older 2 daughters are sick. The 9-year-old is really congested & has achy body & slight fever. The 7-year-old has sinusitis & "whinitis." Still, they're well enough to fight with each other & stress me out! Can't wait 'til they go back to school tomorrow...

#14951 - 12/20/00 03:31 PM Re: Links to Music Sites
Jalapeņo Offline
Star Member

Are any of you guys gonna post over at the practicespot.com teachers' forum? They just got it up & running, so there aren't many posts yet.

Also, I'd like to know if any of you have tried those new CDs being sold by Theodore Presser--the ones that are printable sheet music. I e-mailed TP & enquired about them, to see which editions they're using. I didn't get a full answer. I was told that they use the top-selling public domain editions. I take it they're not urtext. Also, I found out that you can't edit them before printing; you have to print what's there. BUT supposedly these printable sheets are acceptable for use at contests, etc. I suspect that these editions are probably old & not the best; but I haven't seen or tried them, so I don't know. Sure is cheap to get all of Chopin's works on one CD for only $18.95. They have many others available as well; some only cost $14.95. They're available at Burt's, & I've seen them at my local music store. Any comments on these?

#14952 - 12/20/00 11:10 PM Re: Links to Music Sites
Marcia Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Maple Grove, MN
I have a f ew of the CDs: Sonatinas and Easy Classics, J.S. Bach, Haydn and Scarlatti, and Piano Duets. I have used them a few times already when a contest piece is one included on the CDs. One thing that may be a drawback is the size of the printed notes (pretty small). I intend, partially, to use them to choose music for students that may be ordered in other books with larger print. It IS neat to be able to have so much music at your fingertips. Students can sit down at the computer and choose what looks interesting to them.

#14953 - 12/20/00 11:11 PM Re: Links to Music Sites
Marcia Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Maple Grove, MN
I have a f ew of the CDs: Sonatinas and Easy Classics, J.S. Bach, Haydn and Scarlatti, and Piano Duets. I have used them a few times already when a contest piece is one included on the CDs. One thing that may be a drawback is the size of the printed notes (pretty small). I intend, partially, to use them to choose music for students that may be ordered in other books with larger print. It IS neat to be able to have so much music at your fingertips. Students can sit down at the computer and choose what looks interesting to them.

#14954 - 12/21/00 09:18 AM Re: Links to Music Sites
Jalapeņo Offline
Star Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcia:

So other than the small notes, the editing is OK (no errors)??? At this point, I'm primarily interested in the technique CD.

Fellow club members, I've just updated my web site. I finally figured out (after playing around for hours) how to add more pages, change the font colors (that light yellow font color was driving me bananas!), etc. So now I have the same info., but the site is easier to read & easier to navigate (more clicking, less scrolling). Now, can anyone (perhaps Rhapsody?) tell me how to add music? Is it possible to add music to a Trellix site? That's the only thing I feel I need to add now.

#14955 - 12/21/00 10:17 AM Re: Links to Music Sites
Rhapsody Offline
Star Member

Jalapeno,

I don't have a site of my own and can't offer much help. What very little I know about html's I've learned from trial and error when I've saved pages from various sites of interest. I just went to your site and saved a frame and then edited it by adding the lines relating to the MIDI file from an e-card from Blue Mountain to your Document Source and saved the changes and the MIDI file played right away. But that was just from my hard drive and I have no idea how to work with frames, etc. But now I can listen to Gounod's "Funeral March of a Marionette" while reading about your quality instruction. Sorry I can't be of help.

#14956 - 12/21/00 10:46 AM Re: Links to Music Sites
Jalapeņo Offline
Star Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhapsody:
Jalapeno,

I don't have a site of my own and can't offer much help. What very little I know about html's I've learned from trial and error when I've saved pages from various sites of interest. I just went to your site and saved a frame and then edited it by adding the lines relating to the MIDI file from an e-card from Blue Mountain to your Document Source and saved the changes and the MIDI file played right away. But that was just from my hard drive and I have no idea how to work with frames, etc. But now I can listen to Gounod's "Funeral March of a Marionette" while reading about your quality instruction. Sorry I can't be of help.

Thanks for trying. I think I'm gonna get in touch with the Trellix tech support people & see if they can help me.

BTW, if you want to create a website, the Trellix program is very easy to use because you just choose your background (there are several); everything else (page layout, colors, etc.) is pre-formatted. The problem is learning how to change the format! For example, it was pre-formatted to have 4 pages. I wanted more than 4; it took me what seemed like 10 forevers to figure out how to add pages & link them together. Changing the font color & size is easy in the text itself, but not in the page headings. The title "Renelle's Piano Studio" was pre-formatted in yellow; again, another 10 forevers to figure out how to change to a different color.

Once you create your Trellix site, you can publish it for FREE with Lycos Communications, provided you also have a Lycos e-mail address (also free).

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Archivist 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics