Topic Options
#14099 - 12/31/00 09:16 PM To his teacher...
Jason Offline
Star Member

Loc: Iowa City, IA
...from a letter dated January 1, 1842 to Otto Cossel:

Beloved Teacher!

Once again a year has passed, and I am reminded how far you have brought me in music in the year gone by. How many thanks do I owe you for that! True, I must also consider that at times I did not follow your wishes, in that I did not practice as I should have. I promise you, however, in this year to comply with your wishes with diligence and attentiveness. While wishing you much happiness for the new year, I remain
Your obedient student,
J. Brahms (age 9)

Happy New Year, all!
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com

#14100 - 01/01/01 06:20 AM Re: To his teacher...
Joy123 Offline
Mainstay Member

Jason: How precious! Don't we all wish all of our students would come back to piano saying that to us for this new year? I would like to take this opportunity to THANK all of you for sharing your ideas this past year. I ENJOY reading what you post and learning from you!
I want to wish all of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR and the dream of many students saying what Brahms did!

Moderator:  Archivist 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics
62996 Posts