Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#13749 - 07/28/06 03:35 AM Re: What is up with the weather?
Happy Birthday xstitch4me Offline
Star Member

Loc: Idaho
BTW - listening to the news about China's typhoon this morning....looks like another nation of people building in the wrong locations. Where will they all build now to avoid another typhoon??? Make room in your homes ;\)

#13750 - 07/28/06 03:42 AM Re: What is up with the weather?
Lisa Kalmar Offline
Star Member

Loc: KC
 Quote:
Originally posted by xstitch4me:
BTW - listening to the news about China's typhoon this morning....looks like another nation of people building in the wrong locations. Where will they all build now to avoid another typhoon??? Make room in your homes ;\)
cackle, cackle, cackle... \:D

I just snorted my diet pepsi onto the monitor.

I would like to give a heads up to all of the previously safe people in the midwest who wisely chose the non-coastal areas that you need to relocate. Due to unexplained :rolleyes: changes in the atmosphere and weather, a host of pestilences and plagues are about to descend upon you. Killer bees have made it to the Oklahoma/Kansas border, and the fireants will soon follow. And don't even get me started on the spread of infectious diseases and other pathogens to the north because of the lack of hard freezes.

What were my Norwegian-Jew wandering patriarchs thinking when they settled in these dangerous lands? ;\)

#13751 - 07/28/06 03:43 AM Re: What is up with the weather?
John Offline
Star Member

Loc: Bellingham, WA
I'm tempted to throw in a quote from "LaTrina Bidet", but I'll resist.

#13752 - 07/28/06 04:47 AM Re: What is up with the weather?
alidoremi Offline
Star Member

Loc: California
Not to sound gross, but I just had to mention the latest in Toilet Tech:

I was in Germany last year where I stayed at a brand new family-owned inn. First of all, the newer toilets there don't have a hole in the floor where the fixture sits. They come out of the wall, sort of like they're suspended. So much easier to clean around and under. But the really cool thing was that the 'flush' lever wasn't on the toilet but also in the wall. It was a round disk with a smaller disk in the middle. If you had a 'small flush' you pushed the smaller disk and used less water. If you required a more powerful water surge then you pushed the bigger disk.

VERY cool.

#13753 - 07/28/06 06:00 AM Re: What is up with the weather?
Happy Birthday xstitch4me Offline
Star Member

Loc: Idaho
Ok fess up...who needs the powerfulwater surge......come on...raise your hands!

Now on to more serious issues.....I just learned a case of west nile virus was found in a bird in MY area. Hmmmmm guess this area is not safe to live in either. Yet people continue building here...go figure.....

Another thought...what about my hometown in Utah? They're on an earthquake fault......why in the world did the pioneers settle there when it's such a dangerous place to live??? I better send a letter to the governor telling them all to scram or they deserve what they get when the BIG ONE hits!!!

#13754 - 07/28/06 06:29 AM Re: What is up with the weather?
Arlene Steffen Offline
Star Member

Loc: Fresno, CA USA
 Quote:
Originally posted by xstitch4me:
[QB] Ok fess up...who needs the powerfulwater surge......come on...raise your hands!
OK, now I'M snorting my Diet Pepsi! \:D \:\)

#13755 - 07/28/06 06:41 AM Re: What is up with the weather?
John Offline
Star Member

Loc: Bellingham, WA
Large Bran Muffin with Extra Peanut Butter.

Nuff said. Surge away!

#13756 - 07/28/06 09:00 AM Re: What is up with the weather?
Lisa Kalmar Offline
Star Member

Loc: KC
My dear sister is going to have some sort of Japenese toilet called a Toto (or something like that) installed. Not to be indiscreet, but she claims that the technology is designed to withstand the giant redwoods of California (not that she would suggest doing that to a fine tree... ;\) )

Dragonfly, you are a lucky one, being married to a plumber. Are you telling us you are doubly lucky and possess a TOTO? \:D

#13757 - 07/28/06 02:52 PM Re: What is up with the weather?
arsnova02 Offline
Mainstay Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Oh my god... No, I really have missed a lot. Has anyone read the international description of toilets in Fear of Flying? I'd recommend it. (The book and the passage...)

Anywayz... my full scholarship is not nearly so cool as a performance scholarship. To my knowledge, they don't give out performance scholarships in full here. I am a Head Resident (a.k.a. Counselor), which means that I stay with the young'ns to make sure they don't kill themselves. It's really not a bad gig. I stay with twelve 16-year-old girls every other night, and, other than that, I never have to see them... \:D However, the universe has paid me back for my previous boasting with a sprained ankle, acquired yesterday. The terrain here is treacherous. (No... really.) But, hey, it wouldn't be camp without some kind of annoying-but-not-serious injury that required me to spend a couple of hours at the nurse's, how would it?

I did not graduate from UMKC. I will be a super-senior this coming fall and will graduate this May. The attempted double-major put me off track enough to keep me in prison -- er, I mean... school, for an extra year. After that? Master's in orchestral conducting. (a.k.a. the most impractical degree on the planet which is 99% guaranteed to leave you unemployed .) *begin panicked, shallow breathing* Applications go out this fall. And I'm applying to a whole, whole lot of places as one must be invited to audition and those invitations tend to be sent on a very subjective and mysterious basis. Some people look for an outstanding and well-rounded resume (which I have -- have I mentioned I'm going to be published in the fall? Uh-oh... better shut up. I'm going to sprain a wrist...). Others look for a "magical" tape, which I may or may not have, depending on how well the fall recital goes. No pressure. Others look for varying combinations of the two.... 'Tis a puzzlement. ;\)

So... such is life so far. But, please, carry on... This is a fascinating discussion.

Oh, incidentally -- a story to send it on it's way... Apparently a toilet in our cabin was backed up for a week -- yes, a week -- before any of our young charges said anything about it to myself or my fellow HR. We pulled names from a hat, and the lucky winner got to plunge it. There were many shrieks, screams, eeewwwwsss.... and, yet... every single one of them had to watch. Life experience.... It's what summer camp's all about. ;\)

#13758 - 07/29/06 02:45 AM Re: What is up with the weather?
Dragonfly Offline
Resident Member

No. I don't have a TOTO. I have an American Standard with POWER ASSIST FLUSHMATE. I checked out the TOTO website, and this is a Ferrari of toilets. It has what they call cyclonic flushing action, a SEAT WARMER! and a Manual Override. Perhaps the Override button is what you press for those giant Redwoods!

My husband interjects that the Kohler Champlain is a really good one. As he said, it "rivals the TOTO".

Me, I'm looking for a self-cleaning one.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Archivist 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members
mypianorotebook, Amber_Bagz, 430725, SKaR, adagiok5
2658 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2658 Members
46 Forums
5771 Topics