Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#13619 - 07/28/05 05:21 PM Hey Newbies! Tell Us About Yourselves
alidoremi Offline
Star Member

Loc: California
I've noticed some new people on the boards recently. Can you tell us about yourselves, where you live, what you teach, etc...? It's always fun to meet new teachers!

#13620 - 07/29/05 06:43 PM Re: Hey Newbies! Tell Us About Yourselves
Nick Elderkin Offline

Loc: Lubbock, TX
Sure!

My name is Nick Elderkin and I'm originally from Prince Edward Island, Canada. Currently, I'm a Doctor of Musical Arts degree candidate in Piano Pedagogy at Texas Tech University where I teach group and private piano.

#13621 - 07/29/05 07:32 PM Re: Hey Newbies! Tell Us About Yourselves
Christina Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Canada
hi nick, my hubby is from new brunswick. we're hoping to get to the maritimes maybe next summer.

#13622 - 07/30/05 04:31 AM Re: Hey Newbies! Tell Us About Yourselves
Nick Elderkin Offline

Hi Christina,

Do you still live in Canada now? I did my undergrad work at Mount Allison University (Sackville, NB). New Brunswick is beautiful. Most of my relatives on my father's side are from there.

#13623 - 07/30/05 05:14 AM Re: Hey Newbies! Tell Us About Yourselves
Lisa Kalmar Offline
Star Member

Loc: KC
Prince Edward Island! Home of Anne of Green Gables - I've aways wanted to visit there! \:\) Tell us more. I think one of the Oprah books I read was centered in& around New Brunswick, and I googled a map to refer to during reading.

(I am currently reading another fabulous L.M. Montgomery that Dolce told me about - The Blue Castle. Girls, you simply MUST all go run out today and get this one. It's incredible!)

Nick, do you know Dr. Jason of this site (and is he still at TTU)? If so, please tell him to git on back here. I miss his posts, not to mention giving him a subtle hard time whenever possible. \:D

#13624 - 07/30/05 06:06 AM Re: Hey Newbies! Tell Us About Yourselves
Christina Offline
Resident Member

Loc: Canada
yes, we live in alberta. most of my husbands relations are in and around grand falls & plaster rock. i've never been east of saskatchewan and my husband hasn't been back east for over 10 years. his relatives come out here.

#13625 - 07/30/05 07:01 AM Re: Hey Newbies! Tell Us About Yourselves
Musical Mom Offline

Loc: Dakotas
Hi everyone -
I'm from North Dakota and just found this site. I really enjoy chatting with everyone and have gotten some grea ideas. I'm a stay-at-home with an 18 month old little boy. I'm in about my 8th or 9th year of teaching piano.

#13626 - 07/30/05 09:19 AM Re: Hey Newbies! Tell Us About Yourselves
Nick Elderkin Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa Kalmar:
Prince Edward Island! Home of Anne of Green Gables - I've aways wanted to visit there! \:\) Tell us more.

Prince Edward Island is a great place to live. It can be quite humid at times but the kind and generous people surely make up for that! If you are ever planning a vacation, I would suggest visiting in late July or early August. The temperature seems just right then. Most of the activities in Prince Edward Island occur in Charlottetown, the birthplace of Canada's Confederation. Charlottetown is home to many historic houses (Victorian), beautiful large luscious trees, and plenty of good eats. It is the perfect relaxation / get-a-way location!

Nick, do you know Dr. Jason of this site (and is he still at TTU)? If so, please tell him to git on back here. I miss his posts, not to mention giving him a subtle hard time whenever possible. \:D

I do know Jason very well. He coordinates our
Group piano classes here at Texas Tech and is a fine pianist & pedagogue. I think he is currently on vacation Lisa . . .

#13627 - 10/10/05 06:05 PM Re: Hey Newbies! Tell Us About Yourselves
Manon Troppo Offline
Resident Member

Hi everyone!

I wonder if this thread is still alive! LOL! Anyhow, I'll just have to resuscitate it. \:\) As an introduction, for now, you can call me Manon, a (frustrated) pianist and teacher from California. :p If you need another outspoken, opinionated person, I'm your woman! \:\) (That's why I'm drawn to this board--lots of very witty folks on here! Gotta love that!) Here's hoping for more yaps and postings. \:\)
Until then...cheers!

#13628 - 10/11/05 03:53 AM Re: Hey Newbies! Tell Us About Yourselves
dlinder Offline
Mainstay Member

Loc: Ohio
Welcome!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Archivist 
Search

Recent Posts
Top Posters (Last 30 Days)
Newest Members