I wish this could be made available...

Posted by: pianojazzgirl

I wish this could be made available... - 01/11/14 11:05 AM

The MFPA books *without* CD. I have several families now who have an older child who has gone through the MFPA series, and now a younger sibling is starting. There is so much writing, circling, colouring, etc done in both the Lesson and Writing books that I always have the families buy a 2nd copy for the younger child, but I was just thinking that it would be wonderful if, for a somewhat lower price, they could buy just the book, since they already have the CDs from the first set of books.

Just putting that out there on my wish list! wink
Posted by: debilynn

Re: I wish this could be made available... - 01/17/14 07:37 AM

My concern is that with today's technology CD's are becoming more and more obsolete with my students. I just bought a new laptop that doesn't even have a CD holder.
I know it can be transferred, but it is still a hassle. What is to come next? Download the music from website? That could be a solution to this request.
Thoughts?

Debbie
Posted by: Jennifer

Re: I wish this could be made available... - 01/18/14 06:15 PM

Funny you should mention that you just bought a laptop without a CD holder Debilynn because I was just having that conversation with my husband who told me the new Macs don't have one. I'm like what? CD's are not gone yet! But I think the best solution to that problem would be downloading from a website...
And I know you can buy an external drive, I actually have one. But I thought it was interesting that the newer computers are getting rid of them totally.
Posted by: pianojazzgirl

Re: I wish this could be made available... - 01/19/14 10:52 AM

Oh wow, my laptop is only about 2 years old and it still has one. That's actually pretty inconvenient. CDs are obviously becoming obsolete, but lots of people still have them (and DVDs) that they'd like to be able to play on their computer.
Posted by: Louise Mann

Re: I wish this could be made available... - 01/19/14 11:35 AM

I think having the music on the website available for download if you have a "membership" like we do here or a code like the "Connections" books have will be the upcoming thing. And it sure would be handy for me and my students!
Posted by: ndmr

Re: I wish this could be made available... - 01/19/14 01:58 PM

Most cars still have CD players and that is the time a lot of my students listen to the MFPA CDs so I hope they will stay around for a while!